which radio setup would be cheapest for this weird arrangement?

our club forming a team in order to compete in a "lander challenge" contest. basically we are duplicating the rover landings.

so we need a rocket. no problem! we'll need a rover. I figured on just getting an RC car and adding a couple more servos, and run it on a 4 or 6 channel land radio (or two 4 channel radios). now then there is the LANDER. it will be the "box" the holds the rover, the rocket will toss it into the air, it will deploy a parachute and float down to earth.

no we could rig up a servo or two to steer the chute, open the door, operate a wireless camera on the lander (not the one on the rover) and who knows what else.but what radio to use? air or land? I assume if we use parachute steering (i doubt, but would help) we would need to use air. the rest of the items would most likely be operated after landing.would we use ground? technically it would be a landed aircraft.

flight will be done in area far away from local air clubs flying field, will notify the members of the club in advance of the flight and landing area. and will most likely post an article in the paper regarding the launch.

Reply to
tater schuld

too complicated. KISS. we have 3 ground 2 channel radios. more than enuf i think.

Don't think so. there are competitions for launching Eggs, and getting them back unbroken

Current inventory is three 2 channel ground and one 4 channel air transmitters. bit shy on recievers tho(the boat sank), so it loos like i'll be picking some up.

I think so too, at least for this phase

Ive seen RC paratroopers, cantrecall where though. same plan, but looks like not needed

But then it wouln't look cool enough. one of the discussions we are having right now is just a standard box or a petal design that can open up like the lander did.

required for the competition. be sure that ther WILL be video to see

(lots of it, as we aren't the only ones competing)

Reply to
tater schuld