diacetomus earth

Six O'clock High's spelling error cracked me up almost as much as my former gf's pronunciation of Worcestershire as "Wore Chester Shyer" which still cracks me up whenever I think of it. :)

--- Joe

Reply to
Joe

Didn't I note that my spall chucker failed in that post? Besides, I thought the proper pronunciation was wart chester shear sauce.

I am glad some humor was shed in your life by my error. At least I even remembered the stuff. . .

Now if I can figure out why my spell checker suddenly is in spanish...grrrr

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I got my BS and MS at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, MA. My thesis advisor had a story about going to his first interview, cruising up and down I-290 looking for "Wusta", until he finally realized that "Worcester" isn't pronounced "Wor-ces-ter".

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Its warsta she shir shire...

"Six_O'Clock_High" thought the proper pronunciation was wart chester shear sauce.

Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople

No, it's more like Woo-ster-shire, I'm a native :-)

Allthough it's also sometimes called Lea & Perrins (the makers)

Reply to
Chris Dugan

In the northeast of the US it's "wustashir". But they have a way of talking that's all their own (my dad's company had a dealer from Connecticut that would call up with business proposals because he had "an idear about a cah").

Reply to
Tim Wescott