DIY RC radios?

Did I say it was required for 2.4ghz? I used that as an example, Martin.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Heh. Says the guy who asked what to do and doesn't like the answer.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Ray Haddad wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

There you go again. Moving the goal posts.

You've been arguing that I can't do it. Are you now saying I can?

And HOW is EXACTLY what I've been showing.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

Ray Haddad wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ahhhh...more goal post moving. If you knew the Gold Sticker had nothing to do with 2.4Ghz, then why did YOU bring it up?

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

Ray Haddad wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Where did I ask "what to do"?

Here's my original post:

Skywise wrote in news:hi7zo.22342$r35.18688 @newsfe14.ams2:

I asked if anyone else has done it.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

No, mate. I have been arguing that you CAN do it but within guidelines. The rest of this group of attack dogs has moved the goalposts with every attack. Ignore them and discuss this with me, not the pit bull crew.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Because it was relevant to the point. Because of the Gold Sticker program, many people were turned away from contests. If you bring a known home brew to a contest and the director is savvy, he may turn you away, too, because there is no way of field testing your electronics to be sure it works without problems to other users.

This really should be a no brainer but unfortunately you have fallen victim to the attack dog mentality of this newsgroup. I remain steadfast. The more I do, the more they attack. Welcome to the pack.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

And you don't consider that asking what to do?

Go for it. Do whatever you like. You will remember this exchange some day with regret. I guarantee it.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 05:36:22 +0800, Ray Haddad wrote in :

A doubly irrelevant example.

The program is dead.

There is none like it for 2.4 GhZ.

AMA contest directors are not in a position to decide whether a TX is FCC legal or not, nor are they obliged to try.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

:

So therefore it is incumbent upon the builder to do so.

I rest my case. You're dismissed. Go do your homework now.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 09:54:49 +0800, Ray Haddad wrote in :

And therefore you admit that your claim that such equipment could not be used in an AMA contest is totally bogus.

That's progress!

Uh, I did my homework. That's how I found out about the nature and limits of the Gold Sticker program. That's how I found out about the current state of the AMA regulations. That's how I found out what you said in your "official" first posts in the two threads.

What you have is oracular pronouncements based on ... uh, your exalted opinion of yourself as a Master.

I'd be happy to obey your orders if I agreed with your self-assessment.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

:

Your conclusion is incorrect. You still cannot use it. Period.

Not for you, I fear.

Get ready, mate. Get ready.

Actually, if you are as tired of this as I am, a truce is in order. Your choice. It always is your choice.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 10:54:58 +0800, Ray Haddad wrote in :

I won't hold my breath, thanks.

I guess I've indicated where I stand. I'll stop saying, "But the Emperor has no clothes!" and let you strut your stuff in peace.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ