Futaba FP-R107N

I was wondering if futaba made any FP-R107N receivers that were narrow band. If not is it possible to modify it so that it is narrow band. If this was already done do they have the same sort of golden sticker as older radios that were retuned?

Thanks

Reply to
Blah

| I was wondering if futaba made any FP-R107N receivers that were narrow band. | If not is it possible to modify it so that it is narrow band. If this was | already done do they have the same sort of golden sticker as older radios | that were retuned?

I don't know if any of those receivers are narrow band or not.

However, Futaba never did narrow band receivers, only transmitters. Receivers are too small, and it's cheaper to just replace them.

The golden stickers were only for transmitters, not receivers. (The FCC doesn't care about receivers, only transmitters.) Receivers often had a `1991' sticker on them around the time of the switch that did indicate narrow banding, but I don't think they add them any more.

This link --

suggests that at least some of those receivers are narrow band, but hardly proves that all are. (And I suspect you've already found this document.)

You could test it -- have somebody transmit on a channel adjacent to yours while you're transmitting and see if it causes problems for your receiver. This isn't a perfect test, however, as there are pager channels in between our R/C channels, and this won't provide a signal for that channel. Of course, even brand new, narrow band equipment often can't handle a strong signal on an adjacent (10 kHz away) channel.

If you do just decide to replace it, you don't have to replace it with another Futaba receiver. Hitec, FMA and Berg all make receivers that are Futaba compatible and generally have better performance than things like the R127DF. And they usually cost less.

Reply to
Doug McLaren