Electric Trainers

I am hoping to get into the world of electric powered models, any idea as to a good trainer for a beginner?

MAC

Reply to
Mike Connell

Multiplex EasyStar as shown at

Alan T.

Reply to
A.T.

Mike Connell opined

Try the Watttage Mini Blue Max. Easy to put together, flies nicely, has ailerons and is inexpensive.

-ash Cthulhu in 2005! Why wait for nature?

Reply to
Ash Wyllie

Without a doubt the Multiplex Easy Star. I've flown it about 6-8 times so far and I'm a raw novice. Pay close attention to the center of gravity. I have crashed it numerous times and it just gets tossed up to fly again. Great and very durable trainer. I got the RTF version at:

When you can keep it flying for an entire battery pack you might want to buy two extra packs from here:

Scroll down to the pack.

Battery Pack: PC11X7F 7 Cell 1100 mAh Folded NiMH w/Connector ..... $ 29.90

I now have the stock pack and two of the NiMH packs. I fly at about 70% throttle as I find it easier to control and get 10 minutes of flying "up high" then I bring it down to tree top level for another 3-5 minutes; this on the NiMH packs. The stock pack gives about 7 min and then 3 more low flying.

There is a lot of info on this BB just on the EasyStar. The first page (of

13) is here:
are 500 posts to a page, lots of stuff to read through.

Good Luck, Tony

Reply to
Tony S