file attachments

does this news group allow file attachments and if so is their a limit on their size

Reply to
Raymond Giddens

No, 'fraid not.

Why not put them in alt.binaries.radio-control or alt.binaries.pictures.radio.control.models? Though remember that not everybody here will have access to those groups. Better perhaps to put the files on some webspace somewhere. Doesn't your ISP give you some space?

Reply to
John Privett

Don't think so. No one in their right mind would open them. (On second thought, there would be a few morons who would)

Reply to
me

"Morons" with good antivirus and firewalls have no problems with file attachments. It's the "morons" who have neither that need to worry, ALL the time!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I agree with Paul, and take exception to the label "moron". I run Protector Plus on realtime file scan on opening, and always open files to a floppy drive first. Never had a virus in 10 years of AOL and WEB surfing. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Except when the moron receives the new virus in an attachment and opens it thirty minutes BEFORE the virus signatures are scheduled for update. (I saw that one happen, thankfully not to the network I administrate)

Reply to
me

YOu notice that "moron" was in quotes! ;^)

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Firewalls (good ones) will also look for suspect attachments.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh