CA hinge removal

What is the best way to remove a rudder attached by ca hinges in order to use the rudder on a different plane? Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

First, cut the hinge in half at the line. Use a #11 blade to slice into the balsa on each side of the hinge leaf. After doing this, you should be able to pull the hinge out with needle nose pliers. Use a slice of balsa to fill the resulting gap. The rudder will be as good as new.

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

I just yanked dem sombitches out with a pair of pliers...to my suprise it didn't destroy the rudder, just took a little wood with it when it finally gave.

-Nick

Reply to
Nick W.