FireBat

Anyone have experience or tips on the Great Planes "FireBat"? TIA

Reply to
_

=_NextPart_000_0026_01C3A451.F51F95E0

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

And not much better when it's on correctly.

Chris.

David

Reply to
Chris Ovens

I bought the "de luxe" version as it looked like a good price for plane, motor, esc, battery and charger. The Speed 400 is marginal for power. It certainly looked good in the air, but could hardly climb. I would suggest buying the basic airframe and a cobalt or brushless motor. This is what is suggested in the kit, but this also needs a larger, or brushless ESC and many more bucks!

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Ovens

I put together a Firebat, I didn't expect it to be a super flyer using the stock components. I deviated somewhat from the instructions and only used one servo for the ailerons. I also used two Hitec HS 55 servos. After flying for about 3 or 4 minutes the plane dove into asphalt and was destroyed beyond repair. It stripped both servos. Had the Berg 5 RCVR checked and it was fine,also checked the ESC and it was fine. After lots of thinking it over I can only assume that the HS 55 was stressed beyond its design limits. I don't blame Hitec because I think that the fron cannard requires a larger and stronger servo. I enjoyed the fact that I actually got it to fly and did make several nice turns, but not impressed enough to spend the money for a new kit. Sent the servos in for repair and Hitec repaired them free of charge even after I told them they were damaged and not what I considered a Warranty. So proceed but keep in mind the need for a strong cannard servo. Gud Flying......Dick

-- Dick

Gud Flying..........Dick Electric

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from the RCGroups.com Discussion Forums. Visit us at

Dick