Flexible props

Do any of the propellor manufacturer's make a flexible propellor for small glow (.10, .15) engines? I have a small plane with no gear, and have broken the prop on belly landing a couple times now.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

"Normen Strobel" wrote in message news:3f2c7d40 snipped-for-privacy@corp.newsgroups.com... Do any of the propellor manufacturer's make a flexible propellor for small glow (.10, .15) engines? I have a small plane with no gear, and have broken the prop on belly landing a couple times now.

Reply to
Carrell

Try Hobby Lobby:

-- Michael 'Fritz' Blackburn VP-94 Techrep NAS New Orleans

Normen Strobel wrote:

Reply to
Fritz Blackburn

Tornado props are made from nylon and are very flexible. Also, Master Airscrew are good for that.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Set the prop so it stops against compression in a horizontal plane. This will prevent breakage when belly landing. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Except that most engines I have that quit when hot always seem to do so at near TDC! Another broken prop ;^(

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Thank you, that's what I was looking for.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Norman, KAVAN has nice flexible props. I fly 1/12 combat with black MA 8x5 rigid props, and belly land either with the motor still running at idle, or motor off, prop horizontal against compression. I have yet to break my first prop in landing. Mid-airs are much more detrimal to prop life. :(

Reply to
Pé Reivers

Bill, you hit the send key too soon? The mind quicker than the keyboard.

Reply to
Pé Reivers