Flying wing design

That doesn't seem likely to me--but, of course, strange things do happen and people make mistakes.
You could ask him, maybe.
                Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.

Heck, Marty, I bought this before I retired late last year, and prior to retiring I traveled the Midwest by car quite a lot. Prior to taking a trip, I would check craigslist and eBay for interesting items and pick them up while traveling. I found this Tiger 2 on craigslist around Madison, WI and can't remember the name of the guy who sold it to me.
Harlan

OK. So much for that plan!
Even if we knew why the original builder did it "backwards," you'd still be stuck with the task of either adapting YOUR engine to HIS setup or reconfiguring the setup to match the new engine.
It's only a couple of hours' work at the very worst and then you can move on to bigger and more exciting issues.
Check the CG carefully before your maiden flights.
Nose-heavy planes often fly poorly.
Tail-heavy planes often fly just once.
                Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.
H Davis...this isn't the Harlan Davis who lives West of Chicago and who I golfed with a few years ago, Is It???
richg99

Depends, does he owe you money from that game? :) mk
I probably do, mk. I recall that I duffed my first tee shot on that golf course that day, and I haven't improved during the last couple of years. Matter of fact, I haven't golfed much during the ensuing couple of years. That has to have saved me money so I could afford a couple of planes.
If I recall, Rich, that was a rough day for both of us, but we had a good time.
Private message on the way.
Regards, Harlan

Ha...if any money was owed, it would be me owing to him.
Amazingly, we met on a Usenet Golf group; got together in the Chicago area-- ( I live in Houston, TX but spend some time up there each Summer), and now we have stumbled across each other here..
My skills at R/C are even worse than my golf game...but...I am having fun, anyhow.
Private message received!!!! regards, Rich
--
Some of my photos can be seen at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21167841@N00/sets/

The only reason I'm ever invited to play golf is because they know I'll make them look good. mk (hacker)

---------------
It is nice to be wanted. 8>)
Ed Cregger
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:41:23 -0500, "MJKolodziej"

I know what you mean, The only reason people hang around with me is that it makes them seem almost "normal" by comparison. B-)
Gang:     Here's some photos of my flying wing design- on Picasa under the name of a friend- below-      It was an effort to make a flying wing without the adverse yaw all flying wing pilots have to learn to love...     The plane has a high aspect ratio (fairly), steerable tip rudders that actuate outward only. They're better described as drag rudders, and thanks to modern radios, they're mixed to the ailerons, just enough to correct the adverse yaw of created by the elevons. This mix can be switched on and off, but it's almost always on.     This scheme works just about perfectly, the plane flies rock solid like it's a regular airplane with a tail- no adverse yaw- at all..! Check out the photos of it during construction, finished, and details of rigging the tip rudder arrangement in our album at:
picasaweb.google.com/maidana.alicia/UntitledAlbum
-thanks to Martin X. Moleski for the tip.     In the one shot it's under re-construction after a loop a little too close to the hill. How about the direct-drive torque tube actuation for the ailerons?     Also included are a few shots of your bro here "back in the day" as the kids say, hang gliding and some of another of my designs- the Meteor c.1980 and 1987, the little .051 powered red plane. Maybe Ed Cregger or some of you will remember shots of this plane from when I posted them to this group years ago.     -Paul
Martin X. Moleski, SJ wrote:

wrote in

Thanks for the pix, Paul!
Great stuff.
The one-way tip surfaces are fascinating.
            Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.

Very nice. I am interested where you obtained the torque tube connection hardware? Specifically the servo end. I am working on a design where that would come in very handy. -Rob-
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: >

     Rob:
    Thanks. I have an old lathe which I made this hardware on. I don't use it that much, but it does come in handy sometimes.     The fittings on the servos go into aluminum tubes which are centered on the hinge line of the ailerons. The tubing is then clamped with a regular shaft collar.         - Paul
Paul, Is that your forked tail doctor killer?
Jim

S.F. reference? mk
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:00:47 -0500, "MJKolodziej"

maybe you know it as a V tail doctor killer??
in either event, a quick google search will get you a wikipedia page 'splainin' the name

<choking on my drink> <cough cough> Ahem, no that is the nickname of that particular aircraft. It is reasonably expensive, fast, and frequently bought by doctors. That guy is not a doctor, but a piled higher and deeper.
Unfortunately a statistically significant number of them don't always stay current on the task of instrument flying and over stress the tail feathers and then the wing. Hence its not so nice name. There is a reinforcement that can/should be added to the leading edge of the root but I don't recall if it is an AD or not and all it does is give the VFR pilot a slightly better chance.
Jim
Very nice work Paul. I like your taste in "full size" aircraft - I also have an F35.
I would like to preface the following links with a couple of points, our main priority was minimizing empty weight (1.7 lbs, 48" span, 18" chord), therefore the structure is a minimum and not very pretty. My team mate posted a poor quality video of our first three flight attempts. We had some issues with the nose wheel as is obvious in the video. Second flight was overloaded with payload to get an idea of where its capabilities were at. I think that's enough excuses.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lnc2bldr/UAV
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x29/aviator728/?action=view&current=Comp_Movie.flv
Robert
On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 05:31:05 GMT, Paul Ryan

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x29/aviator728/?action=view&current=Comp_Movie.flv
Pretty cool Robert! Good job design team and pilot. mk