free CAD

Hi,
where can i find an easy (and free) CAD software to design my models ?
Thanks in advice
Francesco
Reply to
francesco
TurboCAD is free, only 2D though
Reply to
FrankG
Keep in mind that "free" usually turns out to be "frustrating". I have used ModelCAD a bit and it works pretty well. You may also want to check out AutoCAD LT.
Here's a link to download Pro/DESKTOP Express for free (it does 3D stuff):
Brian Gaither
You could download a free 3D Program like Blender and save your formats to whatever you want.
Peter
Reply to
SixEastMain
Try
and get a free copy of the intellicad program. It is built to promote the correct use of the DWG standards. The program uses almost all the Autocad commands and is fully 3D compatible, has no limitations save for the fact that it has to be accepted as-is, not completely de-bugged. I do all my work with it. Take care to get the free copy, and not the release 4 evaluation copy.
I have Autocad, Turbocad and Intellicad. The latter is my program of choice.
Reply to
Pé Reivers
Is the free version still on their website? I can only find the 30 day evaluation links.
Thanks, PCPhill
Reply to
PCPhill
It seems you are right,
You may want to try
access the download section for Version 2001, you need to register and log in. You may also try a Google groups search. Cadopia has the program hiddin in some far-away locker. I used to have the link, but lost it in the course of several computer updates.
Reply to
Pé Reivers
I've given it a shot. I'm waiting for the email registration process to complete, I'll let you know if it worked.
Thanks, PCPhill
Reply to
PCPhill
No Go at the Cadopia site. I did find it here...
Intellicad 2001 standard edition, freeware
PCPhill
and
Reply to
PCPhill
try this _edu_ location. It still has the version with the madison password.
Pé Reivers
What is the advantage of this one over the one at
?
Thanks,
Reply to
Boo