Futaba 14 Channel Radio = $2K

Has anyone looked at the specs for this and determined what you would use it for?

Cisco Kid

flaps,bomb drop,nav lights,missile launcher,self destruct button, pilot ejection seat...or just a way to show off your lack of respect for $2000, lol.

Reply to
Frank Costa

Where did the $2K come from?

Reply to
Tom Minger

How about crash? It says Windows powered! :)

Reply to
JohnT.

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, JohnT. pecked:

Yes, it uses Windows CE to drive the display and talk to an outboard computer, but the flight system is a custom Futaba microprocessor.

Reply to
Dave Thompson

Stew

Tower is listing it for $2,199.99

So call it $2.2K or $157 per channel. My 6XAS cost less than $39 per channel.

Reply to
Cisco Kid

THAT ought to make it at least as much fun as a "Dial-a-crash" of yesteryear.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Read it again, it say the touch screen is ce powered interface not the transmitter. Has nothing to do with the transmitter. Windows could never perform the functions for the sending of the packets.

Reply to
Net Report

Pretty much any Programmable Logic Controller these day is programmed by a windows box. However, almost allway's the programmer is removed before it's left to do it's job.

My CE powered PDA slows down regularly, and my fear would be it will have a slowdown and spew rubbish in to the PLC bit's doing the flying and cause problems.

The windows crashing is not a problem per se, crashing and sending junk to the Futaba chips doing the transmitting is a problem, and I won't be in rush to buy a 14mz

Reply to
Gavin

Ya know, I'm not a great fan of 'Doz, any version. But a little thought about what the block diagram MUST be sheds light that you might consider using on the subject.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I like JR stuff, BUT......Mr. Futaba, can I test it for 12 months please !

Reply to
<notonyour