Futaba radio won't hold setting

My futaba skyport 6A, model number FP-T6VA won't hold the very bottom throtle setting. The stick just wants to jump back up one click. This
causes some problems with idleing and landing. Any idea how this can be remedied? By the way, this radio is a work horse. Took me through 4 planes over 11 year.. Hats off to futaba. sean
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Pop the back cover off and you'll see what appear to be teeth on the side of the gimble, and a small flat copper colored piece of metal that is held in with one screw across the teeth to form a ratchet action. Either loosen the screw and try to slide the spring up or down till it works correctly, or (and I've found this works better) use your xacto knife to cut off some of the material on the teeth that has layed over into the last valley after a lot of cycles. After you get it open the answer will usually be obvious.
seany1124 wrote:

The ratchet spring may be getting weak. Futaba has replacements available.
| My futaba skyport 6A, model number FP-T6VA won't hold the very bottom | throtle setting. The stick just wants to jump back up one click. This | causes some problems with idleing and landing.
A single click is causing problems? I must not understand the problem. It's idling a bit faster than you'd like?
Seems to me the solution is to adjust the linkages in the planes a bit to compensate.
(Though you could certainly adjust the TX too, and others have talked about that.)
Just sit through this NRA meeting Marge, and if you still don't think

Problems landing ? Do you take your finger or thumb off the throttle when landing ???
Ken Day
No, but I dont want to be pressing down on the stick just to make sure is at it's lowest travel either. It's just a bit distracting. Beginners like me should focus on the landings, not the equipment :)
How could you be a beginner after 11 years and 4 planes? Maybe im missing something.

This sub-thread is getting a bit silly, but to answer your question; the radio was given to me used, and secondly i've been an on-again/off-again type of modeler. I'm just getting back into it after a long hiatus. So i bought a trainer, and here I am. I'll be glad to entertain anymore questions you might have.

Hi,
Well, well, 4 planes over 11 years. My transmitter survived 11 planes in 4 year. Still a lot to go...
Olivier
--
http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX : buddy box compatibility problems between
different brands of RC-transmitters.

How about 11 planes per year for the last 4 years?-) Seriously though
I too know what you are talking about. In my particular case, the idl could only be set too high to prevent the engine from dying, or if se properly, resulted in a deadstick on the runway when I forgot about th "last" notch. Sorry, I can't offer you a solution in that I had to hav other work done (a look at the ratchet seems promising) and ended u sending the radio back for service. Just thought I'd offer some mora support;
-- sfsjki ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sfsjkid's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u870 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tB638