glow engine to electric motor comparisons

It does if you want to do it at mach 1+ Do the sums. Rather than criticise someone else who actually has done them.

Watts per pound is rate of climb. You can take an elephant straight up with a 10W motor as long as you don't mind it dying before its got more than an inch from the floor.

Fuck off. That suit you? Spelt correctly enough?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hey DH (been a while since you signed a post with that one) You are far from perfect. Very few in a modeling forum speak of a rider scale bird when deciding what power is needed for the models we fly. In most cases we use significantly more power than the rider scale stuff does. In short, I think your numbers have too much brown porridge in them. Most real modelers understand that flying a model at mach 1 + is impossible due to limitations in human physiology.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I said an F16. A real one Do keep up there at the back.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not when you're moving air as your means of propulsion you can't...

Wow- your college degree is doing you a lot of good. we're all impressed. It ain't that difficult- Uncle Pauly

Reply to
Paul Ryan

Hey DH, I was astounded to note that you did not even bother to read what was said rather launched right into another attack. I guess reading was not one of your best subjects...

I see your intellectual might impressed Uncle Pauly also.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High