Recharging.

I have a charging monitor which is selectable from 6v up to 9.6v and has two clips to connect to a car battery and has a 30 minute timer plus trickle charge setting, I dont use car batteries but do have a 7amp (9 amp surge) 13.8v power supply once used for CB radio so could I use this as a power source for charging my batteries through the battery monitor?,

regards, Terry

Reply to
Terence Lynock (MSW)

I don't see why not just so long as you don't exceed a 7amp draw on it.

Reply to
Jim Slaughter

I used to use the power supply from a scrapped PC, I think it was rated around 8 amps for the 12v.

WHen it packed up I bought a similar one to yours, no problem

Trefor

Reply to
Trefor

Thanks Gents, I have had this spare power supply in the shed for years and wouldnt part with it because apart from being an expensive bit of kit when I bought it there are the odd occassions when I have needed another 12v DC supply for big 12v motors, now I think I have another use for it once I have overhauled this battery monitor which needs new leads on it,

best regards, Terry

Reply to
Terence Lynock (MSW)