Gluing Styrofoam?

sounds great!!! I have a large wing that was sheeted some years ago and the water based contact cement is giving up the ghost. I want to re sheet this wing and am curious...do you think this PL400 is the answer? And...can you, after you squirt some on, squeegie it about so you can get total gluing on sheet balsa to foam?? And...where do you get this stuff?? Lowes? Home Depot? Thanks, Frank Schwartz....

Reply to
Frank Schwartz

PL400 does stick like crazy. For sheeting wings though, it is pretty thick and it might be hard to spread into a thin, even layer. I would go with a spray-on foam glue or, my favorite, the white foam glue from a craft store. It's cheap, can be brushed on. You work it like contact cement. I glued 2 blocks of Styrofoam about 6 months ago and the glue is still slightly tacky.

Reply to
BCRandy