GWS Formosa Conversion to Nitro

A friend gave me his crash damaged Formosa (in the military, heading overseas and no room to pack). It was damaged during the dreaded Figure-9 manuever, I received the plane after radio gear was salvaged. Motor was toast.

I chopped out a 1-1/2 inches square by 3 inch chunk of crushed foam out of the nose and glued in a chunk of foam, it's dried now and I just need to shape it. After that, I plan to glue a

1/8" ply firewall. He had a spare cowling, it should work out.

I'm thinking about mounting a Norvel .061 R/C mounted to an extended clunk tank mount. Ergos work out that engine is proper length for cowl. Am getting Futaba microservos from Tower.

Jest curious, but am I overpowering it or should this be adequate?

Reply to
High Plains Thumper