Has anyone seen this engine yet?

Go to eBay and enter 5990412788 into the search box.

It will take you to a listing for a Lincoln .61 R/C engine. No, I am not connected to this listing in any way.

Does anyone have one of these engines? I like the American name of "Lincoln" and the red head that is reminiscent of the old McCoy engines of yesteryear.

If it was a .50, I would be tempted to buy one, but only IF the seller accepted PayPal or a credit card, so that I have recourse if it doesn't show up, or is defective and the seller refuses to honor conventional fair trade etiquette. Not that I think he wouldn't.

I just don't fly sixties that much any longer.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

hej Ed,

A lot of stuff (like Hobbytown) started in Licoln Nebraska and th seller lives in that State...

-- indoruwe

----------------------------------------------------------------------- indoruwet's Profile:

this thread:

indoruwet

Ah-ha! Another clue.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Nemo

But it looks like "Redhead" is spelled wrong on the box.

can read "Rede..." in one picture and the rest is hidden behind the engine.

Reply to
10ft. of Decorative Chain

Not a bad price, if it is a good one to keep. Wonder who produces it.

Why add paint to the head ?? Cost more money to do so !! Looks lik it is black anodised body also

-- indoruwe

----------------------------------------------------------------------- indoruwet's Profile:

this thread:

indoruwet

That is odd, now that you mention it.

Were I going to order a one-off batch (my assumption only) of engines from an Asian manufacturer, I think I would have ordered .46 -.50 size engines. These days, I doubt that .61 size engines are all that popular.

My quota of engines for this year has been attained. My last engine purchase was an 805cc Kawasaki V-twin, wrapped in a VN 800 Classic motorcycle. Otherwise, I would be tempted to buy one of these just to see what it is about.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Nemo

Maybe he will put you in as beta tester ??

No history on that engine yet. Might be that it functions as a good 50, no ?? Still cheap then

-- indoruwe

----------------------------------------------------------------------- indoruwet's Profile:

this thread:

indoruwet

If the Lincoln, NE location of the seller has anything to do with it, folks in Nebraska will pay triple for anything painted red. Go Huskers!

Reply to
Ed Paasch

If I could get to my engine test stand (too much stuff syndrome), I would volunteer for the job. In fact, I would buy one and do a review. Just too much stuff in too small of a house at the moment. Gonna remedy the latter one of these days. Soon I hope.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Nemo

maybe not "anything" some of em got real pissy about my razorback sweatshirt that I wore to work on game days ;-)

Reply to
Bob Cowell

Hehe, a school hires away one baseball coach and everybody gets all their panties in a bunch. You wouldn't happen to fly with the Golden Knights out of Lincoln, would you?

Reply to
Ed Paasch

On their web site the box says "Power Redefined" all ya can see on the ebay ad is "Rede" rest of word is blocked by pic, it is not "Red Head" but redefined...looks like ASP engine of same size...

Reply to
hjohn_hebert

no, I'm about 90 miles northwest of Lincoln

Back when the Genoa fun-fly was a major event we used to see some of the guys from Lincoln out there, but that event is now history.

bob

Reply to
Bob Cowell