Hobbico FlyZone Cessna 182 4-Channel RTF ???

This thread has lost all relevance.

Unsubscribin

-- mike earl

----------------------------------------------------------------------- mike early's Profile:

this thread:

mike early

I bought the Flyzone 182 and have had a blast flying it. Although

don't think it would make a good first plane. If you can pull of flying this as a first plane you are a natural.

Someone earlier in this thread had mentioned changing the motor to brushless configuration. Has anyone done this and how did they do it?

Thanks all

P.S. My first plane was a Flyzone Sky Fly, and it's slow and ver forgiving. I also flew several of the Air Hogs and Estes R/C toy plane to learn directional control

-- flyboy

----------------------------------------------------------------------- flyboyt's Profile:

this thread:

flyboyt

Flyboy,

Did you have trouble getting the battery pack through the small opening in the fuselage bottom? Your FlyZone Cessna 182 and the FlyZone Sky Pilot are very similar in construction but different in price. However, they both have the same fuselage and battery pack. I had to alter the opening to get the battery in my Sky Pilot.

My next EP plane was a ElectriFly ARF J-3 Cub Park Flier 41" from Great Planes GPMA1153. I had a bad time trying to hand-launch it. It crashed and snapped the motor mount on the first 'short' flight. I didn't want to scrap the plane, so I converted it to a Brushless Out-Runner motor.

If this is the EP conversion you're referring to, it can be seen on my website under: 'Photo Galley'>'My Planes'>'Planes of Today' J-3 Cub EP Park Flier. There is 25 photos in the 'Planes of Today' category. The three photos of my J-3 Cub are among them.

Even if this is NOT the conversion you had in mind, I hope it will give you an idea for a switch. Have Fun! I hope you like my website because it's 'My Obsession' Hobby.

EarlOfTroy

Earl Scherzinger

It definately takes a little force and manuvering to get the batter

into the 182. Tower sent me 2 extra batteries with my order, but the are only 850 mAh instead of the 1100 that it came with. They get th plane off the ground ok and you can fly it around the pattern fine, bu that's it. They don't seem to give the plane the edge that the 110 does. I guess that is why Tower threw them in at no charge. I sa another picture on this site where a guy put a 1500 in his 182. Is thi an OK thing to do

-- flyboy

this thread:

flyboyt

This is in answer to the 'FlyBoy's problem with the battery pack not fitting in the belly of his FlyZone EP Cessna 182 fuselage.

The FlyZone EP Sky Pilot and the FlyZone EP Cessna 182 are very similar. If you're having trouble slipping the battery pack into one of these planes, go to my website and pick: 'Photo Gallery'>'Hobbico EP Sky-Pilot 'Battery Fix'.

There you will find the 'Fix' I developed to slip the battery pack into the belly of these planes.

Good Luck! It worked for me.

EarlOfTroy

Earl Scherzinger