Images: F-15 @ Markham Park

Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

Surprised at photos DSC_6591 & DSC_6593. Since the photo numbers are increasing, I am assuming these are taken while the aircraft is landing? If true then It appears like a big improvement on landings. Is the turbine plane being side-slipped in for a landing? No more of the usual cartwheel landings or using the fence at a pilot station for brakes? The cartwheels are neater to watch from a safe distance away.

Reply to
Stallturn

Two different landings.

Reply to
Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

Wow Dean those are two separate landings? It looks like the belly pan and wing tanks should be made out of rubber to survive many more landings like those shown. There are some delta wing turbine powered trainers available. I wonder who the pilot is?

Reply to
Stallturn