P-38 Crash Images - Markham Park

Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

OUCH! Let that be a lesson kids...check your control surfaces before every flight. Not just at the start of a day or the end of a day.

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

OUCH!!!

Reply to
CDN HoverNut

I don't think the scale pilot walked away from this one...

Reply to
daytripper

Well, you are right but the real thing is to PIN YOUR HINGES! Clearly the -38 guy did not and or did not use enough adhesive on that set of hinges.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Reply to
Keith Schiffner

Anybody know where that garbage can is? There's probably $400 worth of retracts, servos, and stuff.

Reply to
Charlie Funk

A lot of rampant supposition going on here! Maybe the hinges WERE pinned. Maybe there WAS enough glue on them.

-- Paul McIntosh

"Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

OUCH!! I could just cry!!! However, I DO want to find that garbage can. I could use the retracts.

Yes, I AM a scrounge!!

Reply to
Black Cloud

Ouch!

THAT'S painful!

:(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Sad to see for sure. Especially for thos of us that have had to redso a plane after the first flight. Are we sure the elevator came unhinged? The small section in one of the pictures looks like it is still there. Andy

We can make a box of wood.....FLY!!

Reply to
RCPILOT48

Reply to