Question

I bought a used super stick 40. There are peices of moulded plastic on the wing tips. What are they called? I am trying to find replacements.

Reply to
Blah

Carve them out of balsa instead.

m-m

Reply to
M-M

They are called wing tips. ;^)

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Reply to
Redhart

Unless they sell those at Horizon Hobbies you will have little luck finding those ABS wing tips. Think out of the box. Try 1/4" balsa cap, or 1/16" plywood oversize cap kinda like the HOTS had. When that dings up, replace it. and you can just spray paint it white(if I remember the Super stick right). If this is a Hanger 9 Super Stick the tail is weak so grease every landing. mk

Reply to
MK

On most "Ugly Stik" type designs, the wingtip is a simple triangular piece of balsa that runs from the leading edge to the trailing edge of the wingtip, beefed up with a couple of gussets at the thickest part of the wing, and covered with whatever covering's on the plane. Phil Kraft designed the original to be a simple, cheap plane that he could practice pattern maneuvers with. Chuck the plastic tips and make your own.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee

The plane flies fine without the wing tips, probably better. Just cover the end rib with your favorite covering and fly!

Reply to
Sport Pilot

| Unless they sell those at Horizon Hobbies you will have little luck finding | those ABS wing tips. Think out of the box.

Another option is to just fly without them. You certainly don't need them, and the plane won't fly any differently without them.

If the ends of the wings are open, cover them somehow -- you don't want crud getting in there. Tape works, as does monokote if you want it to look good.

Reply to
Doug McLaren