J.H.Rice Memorial Fly In

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Rice Memorial Fly In Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:25:07 EDT From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

I know Katrina and Rita have kept most of our attention for the last couple of weeks, but this is just a reminder that the 5th Annual J.H.Rice Memorial Fly In is scheduled for Oct 1-2 at Old Kingsbury Aerodrome in Kingsbury, Texas.

Come and have fun with friends and get away from the problems with the weather. We have a beautiful field, great prizes and a veritable 3 ring circus. We will have a control line circle an electric RC area and the normal RC flight line. Noon time demos on Sat will include a freestyle exhibition and maybe an aerial towing demonstration.

Entry is only $10 for the weekend and that includes one free meal. Prizes range from ARF airplanes to fuel and hardware. You will have a good time if you let yourself. Last year we had 55 hearty souls who braved torrential rains on Saturday and had beautiful conditions on Sunday. Since we celebrate twins, you should see (or bring) beautiful airplanes with more than one wing, or twin engines, or multicylinders, or multiple fuselage booms or twin/tri tails. Pilot's choice awards and Rice Family Choice awards are really nice plaques with a picture of Dad and his Dream Machine on the front.

This memorial is a tribute to my Dad and it always has a great turn out but it is really about modelers having fun with other modelers and doing some flying. There will be a short memorial service to remember all modelers and friends lost since the last memorial and for an invocation and pledge of allegiance. We will pray and say "under God" so be ready for that!

Registration begins at 0800 on Sat and flying at about 0915. We will start Sun at about 0900 and go until 1400 which will be awards time.

Come on out and have a good time and bring the family! Mom (87) will be there as my trophy girl as will my 2 sisters, my wife and kids and grandkids. Shorty will likely be there too for those of you who like the little 4 legged creature!

Jim Rice

2nd Chance Hobbies 118 E Wright Blvd Universal City, Tx 78148 210-945-8221
Reply to
Checkursix