Li-Ion / Li-Poly charging

Hi,
I have a "Hobbico Quick Field Charger Mk II". The ads and the guy in
the hobby store said it was OK for Li-poly, but the instructions that
come with it mention only Li-ion and suggest (without being very
explicit) that it may not be suitable for other types of Li cells.
Does anyone have accurate information?
Reply to
The Observer
The,
I have the same one & it does indeed, charge LiPo's just fine!
Limited to 1 amp, but does LiPo's with no problem. I charge my Kokam 1500mAh LiPo's (2 & 3 cell) with mine. --
Jim L.
Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 5.1, & WinXP Pro w/SP2
Reply to
Jim Lilly
Thanks. Didn't want to start any fires!
Jim Lilly wrote:
Reply to
The Observer
The,
When charging LiPo's, I put mine into a metal coffee can, just to contain any possible mishaps. --
Jim L.
Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 5.1, & WinXP Pro w/SP2
Reply to
Jim Lilly
Same here... Works greats with my Etec 1200mah Li-Po.
Reply to
Doug Dorton
Lithium-ion and lithium-poly cells have the same electrical characteristics. A charger for lithium-ion will work just as well on lithium-poly. Chargers designed specifically for lithium poly might be able to do the job faster, but you should have no problem using this charger. Lithium metal cells can't be used, however.
Jim - AMA 501383
The Observer wrote:
Reply to
James D Jones