Looking for JU-52 3M....

Hello again fine group,

I have been searching for a JU-52 3M kit in the 6'-8' wing span size range and found,,, shall I say not much, not much at all.

The Graupner electric is no longer made and too small anyway.

Fiber classics (probably?) made one in the past according to a post on RC SCALE BUILDER forum site. I asked there on the forum, no answer yet. -Is Fiber Classics still with us?-

I did only find plans from RCM for two models as follows: RCM # 1078 for 84" wing span RCM # 479 for 95 3/4" wing span (a bit larger than I planned)

IF nothing else develops I may go for the 84" wing span (I actualy already ordered the plans), have Lazer-works make me a shrot kit, and equip it well with 3 Saito .72 engines, and "get my feet wet" with making cowels and canopies. I'l really looking forward to it.

I would welcome any/all comments and advise on this long term project, such as; Does someone have one and how should it fly? How would it fly in the event of an outbord engine stall, better than a two engine I presume? How would one recreate the ribbed contoures of the "duralume" corrugated skin? (Sort of like one of those wavey tin roofs texture)- I could live without the contures but it would be way cool!

I also wonder how many of this (flying) model could there exist here in the US?

I would plan to paint (air brush) it with a multi colored cammo, not the usual splinter olive dark green cammo you "usualy" see like on the Stuka.

Backround info: This is a early 1930's German three engine work-horse transport plane, used for airliner not only for Lufthansa, cargo transport, paratrooper delivery, bomber, and probalby more uses as well... She was effectionately referred to as "Tante U" and "Iron Annie". Three BMW radial engines made her very reliable for the time. The designer, Mr. Hugo Junkers was forced to be relieved of his own company because he disagreed with the new "political views".

Thanks and have fun, Karl. honda ruehs at cox dot net (aol email does not work, anti-spam)

Reply to
Karl

There's one availbale in the US through proctor:

a german model, all fiberglass, and from what I've seen, all the details are molded in.

Kjell Aanvik

"Karl" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Kjell Aanvik

Recombine the following URLs please:

HTH, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Rueckert

Thanks for the great ideas!

I did not even come close to finding these very nice models. I also hope this may help future searches for this unusual aircraft.

GodSpeed, Karl.

Reply to
Karl