Mail order on the increase?

Its a great radio. I have one and I love it. Havent learned all the functions yet but am very happy with it.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Oh, no, no, no. You're not going to terminate this thread and get off that easy.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

The 9C uses a different plug than the 6XAS but should work the same provided you get the proper cable. I also upgraded from the 6XAS but still use that one for slope gliding and other planes from time to time.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

One comment by Hugh Prescott is worth noting: We fliers are almost all OLD FARTS!!! Kids and old people all play with cars, break cars, buy new parts for cars, but don't build cars from scratch. "Hobby" is now just play and parts replacement. The creativity of long-time aeromodelers doesn't seem to exist in the car people, but deep pockets do.

I used to routinely dump $1,000 to $1,500 a year at my LHS, but the hassle of having to wait in line for the employees to take care of the big spending car people so I could spend maybe fifty bucks at a time is a factor in my not driving from Portland to Beaverton to shop. It's just eleven miles, but it seems like eleven years once I'm there and standing in line. Hobby shops are now mostly toy stores, so aeromodelers are pretty much forced to go elsewhere. Not that some of us don't spend the big bucks. A model turbine costs at least $2,000, and a complete BVM kit with all the trimmings will blow hell outa ten grand, but I've yet to see a shop stock one.

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

That was not my impression. I seem to recall a later post that it had arrived implying mail order. I have had a few that have not liked our pricing and have whipped out their cell right at the sales counter and placed a mail order.

At least have the common courtesy to back away from the sales counter so I can take care of other customers.

If I miss understood my bad, sorry.

Nature of the hobby business has rapidly changes in the last 3 - 5 years, more so than in the previous 30. Not sure I like this RTR, RTF now building, no labor/mental investment it their toys concept.

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Prescott

Hugh, I got the impression that Gig ordered his radio from the LHS. (I got my 6XAS from my LHS) mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

He ordered it at the LHS "On the Spot!!". It arrived at the LHS.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople