The Ultimate Craigslist Search Tool!!

I was browsing around for something Id figured someone had put
together.and found

This engine allows you to specify miles away from your location..and
then do a normal Craigslist search (by word..say....WELDER) in EVERY
craigslist in that area.
It will bring up your closest local..allow you to scroll and read, then
brings up the next closest area, etc etc etc.
Its rather good and Ive been fooling around with it for the last couple
hours.
Its rather interesting the differences in prices, by area of the
country.
I got a wild hair to start shooting the bow and arrows again, so was
checking Stuff out on ebay..and craigslist came to mind (Ebay..is far
cheaper in this topic btw...)
So I entered bow arrow and found out that ebay is cheaper all the way
out to Kanas
On the other hand...I entered Welder..and found some cheap places..and
some expensive places..and some very very interesting deals.
So try it out. You might find something you actually want.
Gunner
"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9
Reply to
Gunner Asch
I searched for a step ladder within 50 miles just now. The results showed one available in Wallingford CT, which exceeded my horizon by 2975 miles. The 'distance' filtering needs a little tweaking.
:)
--Winston
Reply to
Winston
I've been using it for months, and have noticed similar anomalies. Still looking for something better.
Reply to
RBnDFW
But one can simply reject the obvious flawed data.
Shrug
Gunner
"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted." Bobby XD9
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Nice, thanks! I've been using Craiglook.com, but I like the way search results are presented better on searchtempest. Bookmarked!
Jon
Reply to
Jon Anderson
But isn't that the whole point of a search engine? Too much data is almost as bad as insufficient data
Reply to
RBnDFW
"RBnDFW" wrote: But isn't that the whole point of a search engine?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ No, if the search engine misses items, you won't even know it. If it occasionally includes an "outsider," you can skip over it just as easily as all the other stuff that is included and not bought.
Reply to
Leo Lichtman
And it still beats the hell out of going to every single CL city within reasonable driving range and doing a separate search. For buying machine tools, I look from Reno to Fresno, and there's a pretty fair number of cities on CL between the two.
Jon
Reply to
Jon Anderson
Agreed. I live in Indianapolis, and there are at least half a dozen CL cities just in Indiana that are within reasonable driving range, plus Chicago, Champaign, Springfield, Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Louisville...
Reply to
Doug Miller