making smoke

I have a 25 cc homey engine that I have converted for airplane use and would like to make some smoke with it. I have everything but a smoke muffler. What type of tubing goes inside the muffler to pump the fluid through? How is it configured inside the muff? I can make it if I just know what to use. Any web sites that you know of?? Eddie Fulmer

Reply to
Efulmer

(as used on glo mufflers) which can be screwed trhough a drilled and tapped hole into the body of the "homey" muffler. You'll want to inject the fluid as close to the exhaust port of the engine where the gasses are the hottest. Since gas engine exhaust is much hotter than glo you don't need to pre heat the fluid at all. What's also important is to regulate the flow of smoke oil so that you don't have too much. A pinch device on the flex tubing works well. Mitch

Reply to
MEpst22487

While that is true, a coil inside the expansion chamber would preheat the oil and give you longer lasting better smoke. Well at least that is the way the Slimline guys do it. Stainless 1/8 id if I recall correctly and you can get fancy by crimping the end to cause the exiting oil to come out in a spray. Or so someone else doing something different with a different engine told me. I am getting ready to do smoke and need a pump. My DH motor burned up and I never got my TME to work.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Reply to
Anthony Sole

Yes! Alcohol burns cooler so the exhaust is not hot enough unless you do a good job of preheating your smoke oil.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High