B-17 landing gear info requested

Where is a good site to get information about the landing gear to use in building a model of the B-17? I have a friend whose first language is not English and he has asked for help in building an aircraft model of the B-17 Flying Fortress ( Scale 1:48, finalized it will be 95 cm in length). He wants it to be as authentic as possible.

Regards, Tom Callahan in Pensacola

Reply to
Pensacola Beachcomber

A fair collection of online B-17 photos is available at

A bunch of decent fairly inexpensive books can be found by searching for "Flying Fortress" at

The Signal/Squadron B-17 Flying Fortress Walk-Around would probably serve. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Is he looking ot make a flying model? If so, that is very small and will present many problems, not the least of which will be extremely high wing loading. If I were him, I would look at some of the commercial plans available for the larger ones. Bob Holman Plans is a good source for large scale plans. Many of these also contain detailed drawings of such things as landing gear.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh