Methanol

If the one had not scrambled his e-mail adress,he might have recvd my answer. You can get it at Walmart in the paint dept,and it is labled methyl-hydrate,
in gals and quartsThis is where I get mine And those that ask for a solution to their problem migh get a quick answer if they didn't scramble their adress, after all you are the ones that need to solve the problem, so why put so much ordeasl on the one that is trying to help you?

We sound a mite testy. Why didn't you simply reply to his post as many others did? Many of us use scrambled or false addresses. I certainly do. While many on this group are really good guys, others are just plain Mutts.

Scrambled addy's are great not only for keeping the "Mutts" at bay, but also keeping the Spam-Bots at arms length.............using a real addy on usenet is just asking for trouble IMHO.
Besides, isn't the point of usenet to respond to the community for others to benefit? Sending an e-mail to a person with a reply to a post just helps that one individual, whereas a reply to the group benefits the community.
Doc

My sentiments exactly.
SB
Scrambled addresses that can be deciphered are fine - simply bogus addresses are not! Many times a question has been answered, but is posted again by the newbie. A direct answer to the individual I feel is better rather than wasting bandwidth by posting it here. Of course I have never used a scrambled or bogus address and I have had no problems over the years. I have noticed a tendency that those with bogus addresses are somewhat "braver" when it comes to fowl mouth postings and threats.
--
Red S.
Red's R/C Battery Clinic
"Red Scholefield" wrote in message

I have been getting an incredible amount of junk mail. I attribute this to my constant use of usenet and from buying things on the net. It has reached a point where I can no longer tolerate it.
This is one newsgroup where I would use my real name and have for many years. However, even that is getting dangerous these days. Ed. ID theft is a bummer.
Identity theft is no joke. Outlook Express only provides me with the facility of one name per ISP. If I could set it up so that each newsgroup let me use a different user name, I'd probably do it that way. Cregger. If you know what I mean?
SB

Under the "file" dropdown, there is a box labeled "identities". take a look, maybe it might be what you need/want.

Uhhhhh, no. Identities refer to accounts setup in Outlook express, i.e) Mom, Dad and kid could each have their own Outlook Express Identity with unique inboxes and the like. It has nothing to do with usenet ID's.
Doc

I will do that, thanks.
SB

It does not take long: My address got out because during 3 weeks I posted a few articles with the address not being scrambled by accident. Currently I am above 200 spam mails per day :-( Fortunately on the Mac there is SpamSieve :-)
Marc
--
Switzerland/Europe
<http://www.heusser.com

I had to abandon one account with an ISP. I used my correct email address in my early ventures onto the internet. The account attracted hoards of spam emails and... I had never bought anything online during those first few months on the internet. Only thing I had done was post on some usenet groups and an ISP's own forums.
Since concealing my email address the only spam I normally get is that which is sent to some newsgroups and email lists but not to a specific person.
Reg
Like you Reg I had to abandon one ISP because after accidently putting my unmunged addy on a newsgroup post I was getting two or three hundred spam mails a day - maybe more as my ISP mailbox was filled to capacity every day. And the buggers wouldn;t help by giving me a new email addy.
While using my easily demunged addy as above I get no spam at all, but luckily have another 99 addresses I can use if this one gets out to some mongrels list
David
tux snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.at-all.net wrote:

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:34:15 -0500, "Seezerblue" < snipped-for-privacy@yahu.com (replace the u with oo)> wrote:

Hi
I used to use my real name and e-mail address in Newsgroups (including this one) - until somebody started using it to generate spam, resulting in my PC suddenly starting to receive bounced spam at the rate of literally one every 15 seconds and rendering my domain name unusable. After a month of this with no sign of them diminishing, I gave up, abandoned my cherished domain name and went incognito - since which time I have not received a single spam e-mail!!
Regards KGB
Why some have problems and not others? Why not simply scramble your address so it can be unscrambled by people that want to contact you without cluttering up the newsgroup?
--
Red Scholefield AMA 951
Flying Gators Inc., GNV FL

and all this spew comes from someone who chose to abuse ME because MY (valid) e-mail address didn't meet HIS specifications
If YOU are THAT unsure of your facts that you are unwilling to post them in an open forum, you probably shouldn't be sending private e-mail either.
The questions were ASKED in an OPEN FORUM, and we expect to be ANSWERED in an OPEN FORUM
ALSO Posters to this forum DO NOT deserve to be abused because of YOUR prejudices
I agree with Lyman and Red. That's why I use my real name and real address. No problems as a result. Jeeez, has everyone become paranoid of everything? Might want to consider becoming a hermit.

When you turn your computer on and your mail box has crashed because of bounced messages that you did not send being returned and receiving too many message from irate individuals claiming that you are spamming them, when you are not, you will understand how bad this can get, Jim.
I've had ISP's turn off my newsgroup and mail functions because of this very thing. It is the luck of the draw, as to whether it happens to you or not. When it happens to you, it is reality, not paranoia.
SB