Mini Predator from DraganFly Innovations?

I saw on the History Channel's "Tactical to Practical" show that DraganFly Innovations

is about to come out with something called the Mini Predator, based on the Predator drone used by the U.S. military. It looked like it has a 3-4 foot wingspan, and a rear electrically-driven propeller, and the show said it will have two TV cameras. Anyone know anything more about it, like how long it will stay aloft, or exactly when it's going on the market?

Reply to
Wil Limbacher

go to draganfly's web site- it's 72" span, speed 400 pusher and WA

overpriced

-- MGBGTRace

----------------------------------------------------------------------- MGBGTRacer's Profile:

this thread:

MGBGTRacer

Any updates on this?

Im looking at ordering one next week. I know it seems overpriced but did some research and it will cost me more to put something simila together not mentioning the build time.

Cheers

-- GearHead_r

----------------------------------------------------------------------- GearHead_rc's Profile:

this thread:

GearHead_rc

Looks very nice.

I actually contacted the guys at Draganfly for what they thought abou installing a nikon 3700 in there.. I want to also be able to hook up digilive from B/w so sorry, no eyecam here :)

[image:

The fact that these guys even took the time to help me out i fantastic.. great bunch they are.

One thing that causes me to scratch my head is their Radio Filterin device which supposedly omits "noise"... which is good because I flying over some domestic areas.. First objective will be to locate m Aerobird Xtreme which got pushed by the wind ;-)

I have an idea where it is, but I looked long and no sign of it...

Although I keep having fears that I might loose the predator too (if get it).

Does anyone know who posted the info on those "beeping keychains" yo could hear a long distance away?

I will be creating a review of the predator and maybe some people ca benefit because so far I havent found one article on it besides th Draganfly website.

cheers

-- GearHead_r

----------------------------------------------------------------------- GearHead_rc's Profile:

this thread:

GearHead_rc

radio filtering device? probably just means they use a dual conversio

receiver in it. Personally, I think it's a neat plane but with an outrageous price tag They should sell the airframe by itself

-- MGBGTRace

----------------------------------------------------------------------- MGBGTRacer's Profile:

this thread:

MGBGTRacer

I just bought a Green Air Albatross with a Hitec laser 4 radio. If I want I can buy the predator frame except they include the servos and other hardware.

you can get it here:

At 389.95 its still a bit expensive but I guess until I see something better I will be flying my albatross with either a philips keycam or a Nikon.

This is compared to buying a 599 system exluding all the tax etc I would have to pay to get it in Australia.

I can just use resampling programs to raise the MP's on this image..

I will post photos soon. cheers.

Reply to
GearHead_rc

Didja ever get you Predator up and doing some recon? I just got on

cheap on ebay ($177!) and couldn't pass it up.

Any flight reports or setup advice

-- MGBGTRace

----------------------------------------------------------------------- MGBGTRacer's Profile:

this thread:

MGBGTRacer

Yeah I want to see pics! I was thinking about getting one of these Hav

you got yours together MGBGTTacer

-- Ace_3

this thread:

Ace_39

It hasn't arrived yet- I'm expecting it today or tomorrow. I lowballe

the bid and never thought I'd get it for that cheap. They had other with a 'buy it now' of $388, but I got mine cheap (in a relative sense because that isn't that cheap for a basic airframe with a motor)

-- MGBGTRace

this thread:

MGBGTRacer