Mobile phone batteries....

I have seen quite a few single cell li-poly mobile phone batterries for sale on ebay at very good prices. Is it feasable to strip off the plastic and solder them together to make a cheap Li-poly batttery pack?

Reply to
freeda

: I have seen quite a few single cell li-poly mobile phone batterries for sale : on ebay at very good prices. Is it feasable to strip off the plastic and : solder them together to make a cheap Li-poly batttery pack?

Are they li-poly already? All phone batteries that I've seen are li-ion, they are in metal cases (not in mylar pouches as li-poly), which makes them heavier per capacity, and also their electrolyte is liquid (not solid), which makes them far more dangerous in case of overcharge or short. I have one li-ion pack for Pico Stik, but in the future will stick to lipolys.

-Tapio-

Reply to
tapio.linkosalo

My last two were/are LiPo. Both Panasonics. Latest one is the new X-70.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

That's odd, my X70 has a Li-ion battery! 3.7v 680mAh

Reply to
John Privett

You are correct! The sheet at the Orange store said it had a LiPo.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Yes, but they are often not very satisfactory - even if you strip out the protection circuitry they tend to not be capable of high current delivery.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher