Multiplex Magister

Hello, I am currently debating on moving forward and buying this RTF electric kit (I have since mastered Hobby Zone's Aerobird Extreme). I have seen videos of it taking off from concrete, but never hand launched. My question is... does anyone know whether this huge plane (64" wing span) can be hand launched or does it have to take off from the ground?

Thanks to all Richard

Reply to
Freedom_In_Flying

With a wing loading of around 17-18 ounces per square foot, the RTF Magister is a very poor hand launch candidate. On level ground into 10 mph wind, possibly around sea level, but it would probably kiss the ground in Denver. Launching off a steep hillside would change the odds a little, however.

Reply to
aeropal