Need Thunder Tiger carb

Anybody have a recommendation on where to get a complete carb (including needle valve assembly) for a Thunder Tiger GP-25? Mine died in a accident SAturday....

I've tracked down a couple sources but their descriptions are very cryptic and I can't tell if it's a complete carb, the body, the barrel, the "rotor" etc....

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve

Get a Perry Carb for it. You'll never look back.

or
Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Jones

You'll probably need to call a supplier on the phone to get the right info.

Quantum models usually has TT parts but they're not always listed on the web site. You have to call them to see what they have. no toll free number

218-543-5417

lists a lot of TT parts but has the cryptic descriptions. call toll free 877-346-2243

That said, my brother broke the carb off a GP-42. He paid about $25 for a new one. The engine sells for about $53 new. Replacing the carb may not be a great investment.

Reply to
Carrell

Measure the portion of the casting that insertsinto the engine case..

its very likely that one of the Tower Hobbies engine carbs will fit.

My general answer to needing a carb (or any other part) is scavengin one off of an engine that is unuseable for some other reason.

I have become known in the local club as the guy that collects dea engines and the guy to go to for a part if they need one.. so an engine that is considered unuseable by someone ends up in my box. I g through these.. and reassemble them into working "Franken-engines" whic I'll hand to anyone that needs one.. Or I'll pull parts off of one a needed to make a field repair for someone.

I keep a large supply of screws for engines... (you can always salvag the screws.. and having the spares has helped a lot of people

-- fhhuber50677

----------------------------------------------------------------------- fhhuber506771's Profile:

this thread:

fhhuber506771

Thanks for the pointers, I'll check them out tomrrow. I hear what you're saying about the price of the carb vs the price of the whole engine but it only has roughly 4-6 oz of fuel through it at this point....

If I could get a good exploded diagram of the carb assembly I suspect I could get away with a lot less than the whole carb since I think it's really just the needle valve assembly that's broken off, but I'd still need to get that little threaded piece out.

I'll go digging around and see what I can find, thanks for the info...

Steve

Reply to
Steve

"If I could get a good exploded diagram of the carb assembly"

aeropal

rcmodels.com Thunder Tiger Spray Bar Assembly GP-25 - PN1155

aeropal