Newbie looking for advice

I have a friend who flies a real Robin DR400-120 airplane and would like to give him a RC model version of the airplane as a gift.

I've already searched everywhere for it with no success, so I suspect it might not exist. Therefore, I'm happy to settle with something that looks as close as possible to a Robin DR400-120.

In case you haven't seen it, here are some pictures of the airplane:

I would very much appreciate if somebody could point me to any model that looks similar enough and that is easily available in the US. Thanks in advance,

Fernando.

Reply to
fcueto

if its any help the closest that comes to mine is the Lancair.. from Great planes.. It is somewhat like this plane.

Reply to
tailfeathers

You might look for some UK RC groups (I think they have their own newsgroup). The Robin is not a popular plane over here in the U.S.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Reply to
Brad

Hobby Lobby used to have something like this but a quick check of their webpage shows that it is no longer available. I also checked with Graupner but no joy there as well. I'm afraid you may have to go with something like the Lancair or find a designer/builder to design/build one for you.

You may also want to try

They sell some planes that are similar like the RV-6/6A or the Glasair SII FT/TD or the Europa XS.

Don't know if this helps but...

Jim W

Reply to
Black Cloud

Check out the EAM GlasAir kit...

Bill Fulmer

Simple answer might be to ask "what would you trade this in for if cost was not a problem" then see if that was available.

Reply to
Steve

huh???

Reply to
tailfeathers

I can't believe you used that offensive word AGAIN. :) mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers