NiMH Batteries... New Charging System?

Anyone else seen this system? Rayovac has put out a battery/charger combo that includes a charger that will "safely" charge four 2000mah AA or AAA cells in 15 minutes for up to 1000 charges! I don't know if you have to use their cells only but it is intriguing to say the least. I have been building my own packs for years so this has definately piqued my interest!

Reply to
Bruce M.

and for just over $40 US! (including four 2000mah AA cells)

Reply to
Bruce M.

Here's the link

Bruce M.

Well it's quite obvious that marketing wonks have take over the Ray-O-Vac company. Kind of like these come on adds where you can win up to $10,000.

Just what do they really mean when the say "up to"?

And for the record, this Rayovac I-C3 Technology 15-minute Charger is not the "the first of its kind". General Electric sold a 15 minute system and held the patent on 15 minute charging over 30 years ago.

Check your US Patent Office for Pattens by F. H. Mullersman (General Electric) around 1971 to 1973 time period.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Upon further reading on their site, I noticed that they claim the batteries "monitor their own internal pressure" and that it is not the charger but the battery technology that permits this high rate of charge. Do you know how this is acheived?

Reply to
Bruce M.