Sig Citabria

What size 2 stroke engine is this plane designed for?

Reply to
L. Sikorski

Here you go:

Don Hatten

I had an Enya 80 Four stroke in mine for a while, but it was a bit too heavy and powerful for the Citabria. I then replaced it with an Enya 53 Four stroke and it was a far nicer aircraft to fly.

Reply to
Andy

So far, nobody has answered the original poster's question of CG location. I can't speak for Sig, but on our full-scale Citabria the forward CG limit is about 20% of wing chord, the aft limit for aerobatic flight is 27% and the aft limit for non-aerobatic flight is

31 %. These numbers should work equally well on the model.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Thomas

If we are talking about the 69" SIG Citabria, I have the plans here and the CG is 2 3/4" behind the leading edge. Incidentally, I might suggest that you put a lot of aileron differential into it because it really has a lot of adverse yaw at low speeds, which can make it a hand full to land. As I recall, it will benefit a lot from mixing some rudder into the ailerons also. It will do the neatest looking slips you can imagine.

Phil AMA609

Reply to
pcoopy