Odd roll of MonoKote

I've been using Monokote for abut 20 years now. I opened a new roll today and was in for quite a surprise. The film looked fine but when unrolled the backing just falls off. Absolutely no adhesion. But the odd part was that the back (inside) of the monokote had a pebbled texture. I've applied miles of this stuff but I've never seen anything like it.

I covered a couple of slab parts with it thinking that the heat would melt everything enough to make it lay down but I was wrong. It worked fine but had a definite pebbled surface. I don't even want to think what this stuff would do if I used it with trim solvent like the next pieces need.

Looks like an exchange trip to the hobby shop tomorrow.

Dave

Reply to
David Bacque

Storm's Hamburgers

Reply to
Ralph Henrichs

Nope, not old Monokote. I know old Monokote. I've created old Monokote 8^)

This was a defective application of the color/adhesive layer to the film. The film itself was smooth but the back side had the texture of coarse sandpaper. Very unusual.

It was replaced the very next morning. When compared to another roll we also found that the color was slightly off.

Dave

Reply to
David Bacque