OS 61 SF

I have an old OS 61 SF (yes, SF, not FS) and its got the weirdest carb
I have ever seen. I need to adjust the low end idle and haven't a clue
how to do it. I have serached the web but came up empty. Does anyone
out there have one of the these old engines and know how to adjust the
carb?
Reply to
Ted
Is this engine with or without a pump? There are instructions for many of their carbs and for pre 2000 pumped carbs. There should be a number on the carb your engine has and then you can look at the manual for that carb.
Reply to
Vance Howard
Good Evening. I happen to have a .61 SF with a 7L carburetor. This carburetor has a small cam screw on the same side as, and in front of, the high-speed needle valve. It's been a long time since I've had to fiddle with this screw, so I don't remember which way is richer or leaner, but when you turn the screw, it twists a cam below it which adjusts the idle. Good luck.
Very respectfully, Harry Sanchez snipped-for-privacy@jetlink.net
Reply to
hsanchez

Site Timeline