OS .46SF characteristics?

I was out of the hobby when the SF series of OS engines was popular. I bought a used one in decent condition a while back, but haven't used it. What is it like? Is it stronger than the FSR it replaced? Is its successor significantly stronger? Just curious.

I know that the SF/RF series of .61 sized engines were intended to lug large props, but I haven't heard anything like this about the .46SF ABN engine, which is what I have. What's the deal? TIA

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I have one that has been on several planes, Personally I can't tell any difference in performance between it and a 46FX. I usually fit it with an APC 11x5 prop to suit the way I fly.

YMMV

bob

Reply to
Bob Cowell

------------------

Thanks, Bob. That's encouraging.

I still have the FX series to add to my OS collection too. I wonder if they made a ringed version of the .46 FX?

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

It's a great engine, similar in performance to the .46 AX. I still have one on my 19 year old Super Kaos and it really winds up on a 10x6.

Dave

Reply to
Whodat

Thanks, Dave.