OS .46 FX

This engine is going out of production. Does anybody know what will replace it?
Reply to
L. Sikorski
Probably a .50
Reply to
Don Hatten
news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...
According to Tower and OS the replacement is the .46 AX ABL
Sean H.
Reply to
Sean Hartl
Once again OS is stopping production of a high quality engine and replacing it with a cheeper to make (read as more profit) engine. The replacement for the FX will be the AX. What it is, is an LA with ball bearings. I hope it has a Boost Port if not it will be as wimpy as the LA. FX 6 head bolts (Allen) AX 4 head screws (Phillips).
Reply to
O4U2P
FWIW: They claim it has the same power (1.62BHP) as the FX. Also, they look like socket head screws to me, not phillips.
Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople
On 12/23/2003 7:46 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:
I, for one, am glad to see the needle valve bracket is now (again) a separate bracket, not part of the backplate. The next question is, will the bracket fit/work on a 46 FX ? I have a couple of FX engines that had the needle valve bracket break off due to "less than perfect" (aka -crashes) landings.
Reply to
Ted Campanelli
Yeah, an Irvine .53 : )
(sorry, I couldn't resist)
Reply to
Doug
Looking at the parts list it uese the FX screw set and the FXI bearings. The FXI is inly used on one of their trainers and the rear bearing is a real odd one (unless Tower "techs" got it wrong again)
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
4 screws are good, not bad. It allows more room for better port design and placement. Saves weight, too.
Bob
Reply to
Bob Adkins
I believe the 50 replaces the 46Fx not the 46ax. The lx has a smaller carb,this is probably the main cause for the decrease in power. DOUG
Reply to
Courseyauto
Hi gang... does this mean that ALL FX'S will be going out as well? or does this just affect the .46....because i need one more for my alpha trainer(gonna loose the stock engine) and a .61 for my AT6 thanks Gig
Reply to
GaijinGig
WHAT? Where can I verify that? -- Mike N.
Reply to
Mike Norton
Go to OS Engines website. They're replacing it with the OS .46 AX ABL.
Look at
and it's right there up front.
Jim
Reply to
Joe Bill
Why do they always have to take the good things and change them..?? I have a 46 and it screams.. Tried the 50SX and it sucks.. They should change that one..
Reply to
Brad Holsey
I tried to order one from my LHS.. told me "ain't got one can't get them either.." I 'm gonna look around.... before i get a new 46.."whateverit's called" Gig.
Reply to
GaijinGig
Damn. :-(
Reply to
Mike Norton
If I remember correctly, there was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth in this NG when OS discontinued the ABC SF series of engines for the ABN SXs. Same thing seems to be happening now.
-- Morris Lee snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net
Reply to
Morris Lee
There are still few engines better than the old SF deries.
Reply to
Paul McIntosh