Old OS .50 model number?

I obtained an old OS .50 ringed engine in a "grab bag" deal a while back, but no box or literature came with it. I need to find a crankcase and muffler for it, otherwise it's perfect. I can't find any reference to a ringed .50 prior to the current engine on the OS website. Anybody have a clue about this? If it helps, the carb # is 5B.

TIA,

Geoff Sanders

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

If it has a bolt on muffler is it probably an FSR series. If a strap on muffler it is probably the MAX 50. In either case even if you could even find a crankcase and muffler for it, they would cost almost as much as a nice new .46 with more power. I would take it apart and sell the parts on eBay - carbs alone go anywhere from $15 - 60. Earle