OT: Little pickles

I work at a small restaurant in a small town and many people come to me for supplies and foods ect. that I can get from purveyors. SO, a woman called me yesterday and wanted a whole case of these little pickles she really likes....."Gershwins" mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamilton

Personally, I'd rather have a Bach's of Chocolate....

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 11:51:58 -0600, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Storm's Hamilton" instead replied:

Thank goodness!

I thought this was one of those "enlarge your member" e-mails that had been forwarded here.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

No, those are 'enlarge your membership' and are going to all AMA officials..fortunately none of them can read.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm sure she meant "Gerkhins" which are little baby cucumbers usually pickeled with a sweet method. They are available in most grocery stores in the same aisle as relishes and condiments. They are one of my favorite memories as a child when my mom would make a "pickle tray" to snack on until dinner on Sundays.

--me

Reply to
Mark Eastman

Yeah, that's what I'll be asking the salesman for. mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamilton

When I was "Wiggle Handel"

So beneath it I wrote:

"If I do, will it wiggle Bach?"

Hey, art majors, can't take 'em out in public.

Reply to
Richard Riley

That is good, seems like I've heard it before.

The Ben E. Keith sales man had the "Gershwin's" gherkins for $42.96 a case, I called the lady and she was a little taken back by the price but still wanted 2 cases. I'm thinking she was wanting them "for a song" The sales man laughed then groaned on that one............. :) mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamilton

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 10:45:19 -0600, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Storm's Hamilton" instead replied:

So she added them to her Chopin Liszt.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

You guys are good..... :-)

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

I'm rolling on the floor here! mk

Reply to
MK

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 23:23:40 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "MK" instead replied:

Would you grab those T-pins I dropped yesterday while you're down there?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

" On an Ominous Note, remember the Terminator said, " I'll Be Bach! Doc Ferguson

Reply to
Doc Ferguson