park flyer battery ?

On a NiMh battery will it harm it to quickly cool it down after using it by putting it in a plastic bag then submerging it in ice Thanks for any input on this

Reply to
Dave

Probably, you will end up getting it wet eventually. What you can do is construct a cooling tube though. Just put a fan (12v computer fan or whatever) on the end of a piece of PVC pipe or similar and put the battery in there, should cool it down a lot faster than normal and you won't have the danger of having your battery near water.

I usually fly infront of my house so if my batteries get hot at the end of a flight I just put them in the freezer for a few minutes before I recharge them.

Reply to
Anthony R