Ace smartcharger

I have an Ace smartcharger that I have not used in 2 years (away from hobby). I went to use it today and it does not work. I power it with a CVC. When I hook up a Nimh battery the green light comes on dim for a sec or two, then the fault light goes on. This seems to happen with any bettery, including the tx. These are the same cables and betteries I used 2 years ago, so it is not a wiring problem. Id I tested the batteries an they work. I charged them with the tricle charger without any problem.

Am I missing something?

Reply to
Rob

Have you tried running it from a 12V battery? Also, you might need to slow charge/discharge your batteries before using a quick charger.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee

The problem you describe usually occurs when the power supply for the Smartcharger is too low. The best thing to use is a dedicated power supply putting out 13.8 volts with some amps behind it. The instructions say a 12 volt, 6 or 7 amp flight pack battery will power it, but it better be a darn good one.

Reply to
HarryK01