ParkZone warbird gliding?

Hey Guys,

I have heard about these Air-Thunder packs a few months back and wa curious if they live up to their claim. I am a data geek and decided i might be interesting to start logging some flight data because lab dat is just that, besides, I doubt lab testing has ever treated Lipo's t the wonderful ways us modelers can torture a battery. :p I'm shooting to log 100 flights on this pack but between working OT an crappy weather this may take a while. :censored:

The data is posted in standard excel format so just look for a fil called Airthunder--.xls. Be advised the last two numbers change ever time I update the file.

Frankly, I have been reasonably impressed with the performance of th Air-Thunder pack I purchased. The best part is I can fly this pac until it "Dies in the Sky" and I don't have to end my flight with th recommended 20% of unused and wasted capacity remaining in the pack The pack does have its quirks, especially if you discharge the pack to low. There have been occasions when I had to briefly charge the pack i the Ni-Cad mode :eek: long enough to get the pack above 3V per cel before switching over to the Lipo Charge mode.

That about it for my 2-cents on the subject.

Wad

-- WadesR

----------------------------------------------------------------------- WadesRC's Profile:

this thread:

WadesRC

Oh, You have some experience with EVO packs? :-0 They were/are Enerland - an honest battery (at that time), but the UK distributor (Julian) took a few liberties in promoting them.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Yeah, I remember the initial hype about the EVO's. It was rediculous. The UK distributor was totally discredited but people still sell and buy the packs and they are still hyped.

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

My guess is the cells are manufactured in Korea, they are probably assembled into packs in Australia by Worley Parsons.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Hi wade

Keep us updated if you can Thanks for the info

Reply to
mike