Phil Kraft

I just found out that Phil Kraft passed away on April 9th. Alzeimer's apparently.

Reply to
byrocat

Well, that's two....or is it three ?? They always say they go in three's...

Another R/C great has passed...

Reply to
CJ

I am so sorry to learn this. He was a great contributor to the enjoyment of the hobby to many modelers, as well as being a pioneer in the hobby and the hobby industry. Can anyone else fill us in on this...his age, where he passed away and any other particulars. Frank Schwartz

Reply to
Frank Schwartz

Here is a link to all the details of his life in R/C...

Reply to
CJ

That's so sad. I still have my trusty ol' Kraft single stick with the linear servos circa 1962? . Master pilot and a pretty good guy. Brings back memories of the Phil Kraft, Tony Bonnetti friendly rivalry.

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Phil's legacy will live on forever: The Ugly Stick!

It is sad to lose another one of the great pioneers of our sport.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

After reading Phil Krat's biography, it reminded me of the years between

1965 & 1970. I built his Ugly Stik from a magazing in 1966 or 67. It was called 'Das Little Stik'. Contact me if you want a picture.

Earl Scherzinger snipped-for-privacy@Yahoo.com AMA #40329

Reply to
Earl Scherzinger

On 25 Apr 2006 12:50:21 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "byrocat" instead replied:

How sad. He never even knew he died.

Kidding aside, he did a lot for this hobby and for that he becomes immortal.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I built several of his designs including a few Kwik-flys. Used hi

Kraft gold colored radios for a few years. I switched to JR when the became available. By then the Kraft company had been sold and th quailty was somewhat diminished. He also designed and flew full scal airplanes in the later years. A nice guy. He left a legacy. R.I.P

-- mode

----------------------------------------------------------------------- mode1's Profile:

this thread:

mode1

I met Phil at the 1972 Nats. A lot of the pattern fliers were staying at a Holliday Inn near Glenview Naval Air Station. We had some nice bull sessions in some of the rooms. One night, I couldn?t sleep and couldn?t even watch TV because the wife and kids were asleep. I went down to the bar after midnight where I found Phil playing the piano. He was a pretty good piano player.

Reply to
ChuckA
*We also made a post in memory of Phil Kraft in this link:* :cool:

-- Gug

this thread:

Guga

Never met the man but he was a legend in his own life time. I do remember his Kwikfly's I II and III. I remember looking and gloating over these in the mags at the time. A man who will be missed by many I am sure. May he rest in peace in that R/C patch in the sky.

Bye Phil

Reply to
Nigel Smith