Prop Drive Washer for an Old K&B .61?

Good Evening. I have a 1979-vintage K&B .61 (Ringed) engine that I inherited from my late father. I decided to use it in a Bridi Krafty I purchased several months ago. Last week, the engine had a malfunction during a flight, and dead-sticked. I landed the plane safely, only to find several parts missing from the engine. The prop, prop nut, prop washer, prop stud, and prop drive washer had all come off. Replacing the prop was no problem, since I have several others. I went to my LHS to see if I could order the parts. I was able to get the prop nut, prop washer, and prop stud as a package, and I picked them up this evening. However, I discovered that the current K&B prop drive washer is incompatible with the engine. The shaft on the engine has flat spots to accommodate the prop drive washer, but the prop drive washer I received does not have the flat spots. I mentioned this to the hobby-shop guy, who mentioned that the modern K&B engines use a cone-shaped brass collet inside the drive washer. However, even that does me absolutely no good on my engine. Does anybody out there know where I can find a drive washer (P/N 6912) for the engine (P/N 6525)? Please advise.

Thanks, Harry Sanchez snipped-for-privacy@jetlink.net

Reply to
Harry Sanchez

Hi, You can try

for help. There is a dedicated forum on this site.

Good luck,

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel

Contact Clarence F. Lee -- he was the designer of most of the older KB and KB-Lee engines. He writes for and advertises in the classifieds of Model Aviation.

Cheers -- \_________Lyman Slack________/ \_______Flying Gators R/C___/ \_____AMA 6430 LM____ / \___Gainesville FL_____/ Visit my Web Site at

Lyman Slack