K&B 61

My K&B .61 engine has a lot of hours on it and needs a rebuild. Should I send it back to the factory or does any one know of a place where I could get it done better.

Reply to
Raymond Giddens

Enya 35 on a Falcon 56 built in 1982.

427 Flights, 74 hrs & 27 min run time. This was my second model and is still going. I have been flying for 21 years and have never wore out an engine. "Jim Stricklin" snipped-for-privacy@bright.net
Reply to
Jim & Nancy Stricklin

Heck, I doubt if the Enya is fully broken-in yet.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I bought 3 k&b engines on ebay for a good price - all three came looking like they had very little use - no marks on the mounting lugs. You might check that out. Also,

is the current web site for k&b (as well as others) K&B is running a special offer on their new .61 twister engine - similar to the older .61's in power. Send them an old junk engine that isn't missing parts and you can buy a new .61 twister for 80 bucks. Maybe that will be cheaper than rebuilding your .61.

Ed

Reply to
Edward Cameron

I have a K&B 61 that still runs great. I recently replaced the bearings, which was easy to do. Runs like new.

Reply to
Dvagge