Question: - Just stating to try and hover

I have a Trex 450 SA.

As the heli leaves the ground the head stays pointing in one direction and it stays level.

The heli goes left, stays level and pointing straaight. Just like straffing in a video game.

No yaw, no roll, not pitch - just left.

Eventually the heli makes a circle.

I can't figure out how to correct this. I have a gyro but not a heading lock.

Thanks

Doug

Reply to
TIM

Sounds like a little bitty bit of roll, trim it as such and try again. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

This a problem that every helicopter with a tail rotor has. The tail rotor thrust pushes the machine sideways.

The solution is to simply compensate with a little bit of right cyclic trim. This will make your machine hang slightly tilted to the right when hovering. They all do.

After a while, your brain will get used to this slight lean. And then, when you start flying nose-in or inverted, it will be difficult to keep the machine in one spot, because the lean has to be opposite of what your brain is used to.

Reply to
Robert Roland

Reply to
TIM

Thanks for the info. got stuck in the grass, thought it was a rocket then a rock. Parts on order.

Reply to
TIM